With all the pain in my heart, it is time to announce that Summer has come to an end. Fall is here and although I’ll miss my favorite season, it’s time to celebrate the change that comes with it. While Summer, for me, is filled with dewy skin and glossy lips, the Fall is all about matte. I love wearing a dark lip with simple eye makeup, or matte nude lips with smoky bronzy eyes. The possibilities, as always, are endless!
So here are a few of my favorite fall products, so we can hit the pumpkin patch looking as fierce as possible.
Eyes: Olives, Browns, Oranges
- Olive has quickly become one of my favorite colors in recent years. This versatile color is chic and effortlessly sexy, whether in clothing or makeup. Incorporate this into your fall makeup looks with a smidge of gold for the ultimate glam.
- I also love including orange in my fall looks because, although intimidating at first, it can bring a subtle pop of color that compliments almost anyone.
- Brown is my go-to crease color. When in a hurry I pop some brown shadow on my crease and blend until my arms feel like they might detach. I add some liquid liner and I’m able to achieve that I-spent-3-hours-on-my-makeup-today look in 5 minutes.
- MAC Eye Shadow in Sumptuous Olive – $16
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Eye Shadow Single in Morocco – $12
- Makeup Geek Eye Shadow Pan in Cocoa Bear – $6
If eyeshadow singles aren’t your jam, don’t worry, there are plenty of Fall palettes that make your life much easier. Here are my favorites:
This Kylie Cosmetics Bronze Palette sold out in record time the first time it released. However, Kylie Jenner must have worked her magic because the quantities seem to have been updated and the palette is currently available. Grab this baby ASAP, as it includes all the necessary fall shades to create the perfect bronze eye looks!
The Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette is a must have for Fall. Apart from the fact that the palette actually smells like chocolate, the pigmentation of this formula is to die for. The palette includes the perfect shades to transition from Summer into Fall, and then from Fall into the Holiday season.
Absolutely no palette screams Fall as loud as the Morphe 35O does. If you have spent any time on YouTube or Instagram, I’m sure you have seen that this is a beauty addict’s favorite. The palette is priced low and includes a variety of colors suitable for just about anyone.
Face: Matte & Natural
While Spring and Summer are the seasons for dewiness and glow, the Fall and Winter are the seasons to mattify and simplify your skin. I’m a fan of matte everything with a shimmery highlight, during the colder parts of the year. For this reason I opt for foundation with natural and matte finishes. I want the focus to be on my eyes and lips, so I make sure my skin looks flawless and smooth.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation – $25
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation – $7.99
- Marc Jacobs re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate – $55
Lips: Vampy & Dark
The star of the show no matter the season, for me, is the lipstick. No look is complete without lipstick, which can transform your entire makeup. I especially enjoy dark lips during the colder months as it makes me feel super bad-ass to rock with a leather jacket or a long trench.
- MAC Diva Lipstick – $16
- Kylie Cosmetics True Brown K Lip Kit – $29
- Ofra Cosmetics Miami Fever Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick – $19.90
- Kat Von D Lolita Liquid Lipstick – $20
- Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE PUR COUTURE Lipstick in 212 Alternative Plum – $37
- Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Mocha-licious – $1.99
So there you have it, these are my favorite Fall loves! I stick mostly to dark colors, but I focus it on one area only. That is, I either do a dark eye look with a mauvy/nude lip or I do a bronzy eye look with a vampy/dark lip. That way I can have some balance without looking too over the top. What are your favorite products for Fall?