Let’s get through this Wednesday with a couple of good reads (all-makeup related, of course) I came across recently.
- This adorable post from People magazine (aptly titled From Baby’s First Contour to Stuffed Animal Makeovers: North West Is an Aspiring Makeup Artist) about my favorite celebrity, North West, and how she’s on the road to becoming the next best makeup artist in the industry.
- There is also this Refinery29 article about Milk Makeup spray on nail art (?!). Check out the video below so you can see how that works!
Three weeks ago at this time I was finishing up my makeup and getting ready for my princess #SofiaAlaya to make her appearance. Yes, I was doing my makeup while I was in labor! 😂😂😂 I was pausing during contractions and picking up where I left off once the contractions passed. I only packed some of my favorite products in my hospital bag… @morphebrushes 35O eyeshadow palette @marcbeauty remarcable foundation @hudabeauty @shophudabeauty lashes in "sophia" @anastasiabeverlyhills contour kit @mikasabeauty brushes and holder @royallangnickel MODA brushes @benefitcosmetics stay don't stray eyeshadow palette @gerardcosmetics brow bar to go @anastasiabeverlyhills dipbrow pomade @brian_champagne hydraplex @doseofcolors liquid lipsticks @jeffreestar @jeffreestarcosmetics velour liquid lipsticks And a few other products. I can't believe how fast time flies! It's already been three weeks! 😭😭😭
- The DailyMail reported on a woman who just became my labor inspiration (whenever I decide to start having kids, that is). She applied a full face of makeup while waiting for her daughter to arrive. Slay that labor gurl!!
- By now most people have heard of the Power of Makeup series ( in which makeup lovers share selfies and videos of them wearing makeup on only half of their face) that was initiated in order to fight makeup shaming. Most recently Shalom Blac, a burn survivor, posted a powerful video in which she explained how the bullying that came as a result of her incident subsided when she learned to apply makeup. The Huffington Post reported on her in an article titled Burn Survivor Bares Her Scars Without Makeup To Remind Us To Love Ourselves.
- Popsugar also finally posted what I have always been curious about, but never took the time to look up: How Are Wigs Made? It’s actually kind of fascinating and helps to understand why Chrisspy’s beautiful wings cost so much money (seriously, they’re like $1,000+).
I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week. Are there any articles that have caught your attention recently? Feel free to share!
Also, make sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter so we can keep in touch!